Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Restoration


This is an exciting day. I'm going to art class! My chance to pick up a pencil and try to do something I may lose interest in after a couple of days. Well, I don't think I will lose interest, I've always loved art and have always enjoyed going to art classes during my summers. It is a chance to improve, restore my love of art and get those artisitic fingers working.

Perhaps this divulging into the artistic sphere will work, perhaps not. For some, an innocent artistic venture does not always end so well and may unfortunately end rather terribly. News from Borja, Spain has swept the world recently. Beware of this woman:


Her name: Cecelia Gimenez

And do not allow her to restore any art in your church!


http://media.salon.com/2012/08/Ecce-Homo-Behold-the-Man-by-Elias-Garcia-Martinez-has-held-pride-of-place-in-the-Sanctuary-of-Mercy-Church-near-Zaragoza-for-more-than-100-years-460x307.jpg
Ecce Homo (Behold the Man) by Elias Garcia Martinez


Cecelia Gimenez, a woman in her 80s, was allegedly given permission by the priest of the church to restore the painting. The restoration resulted into more of an accidental abolition and angered the family of Garcia Martinez, the original painter. Now, unfortunately the little old lady is not doing too well with being in the centre of a media storm. She is reported to be having panic attacks and has become somewhat of a recluse. The only advice I can give to her is that she needn't worry, for she was not the first:


Whistler's Mother: decapitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment